Thursday, June 14, 2007

Happy father's day!!!!



As we celebrate father's day, a thot about my father and fatherhood:



Sunday is father's day and I am especially happy to be spending that day with my dad. My father is one of the bestest men in the world ever! He is a wonderful man, father, brother,husband, friend and confidante.



I'm the woman I am today because of the relationship I have with my pops!.


From birth he always rooted for me, he is my biggest cheerleader, When family members thought as a girl he should stop investing in me by paying for expensive private schools, and groom me to get married early 'archaic igbo myth and culture', he did otherwise and opened a trust fund instead in my name to pay my tuition regardless, incase if anything happened to him and no one agreed to pay my school fees.



He sat by my bedside and cried, when I Had surgery for appendicitis and didn't wake up hours later , he thought I had died, I was just enjoying the high of the drugs.

He didn't give up on me when I was intubated for a bad case of asthma and was declared dead, he picked me up and shook me out of the coma, while my mum told them to arrange for a burial, that she had 6 other kids and won't run mad over one sickly child ( still remember every word of that statement even though I was all of 9 years old! Parents be careful the choice of words you speak on your kids) I still have issues with my mum till date over that day!



In all, my father has been my rock, he got me into writing poetry at an early age, on every trip abroad while growing up, my dad would buy everyone else toys and buy me books on poetry. And when I decided to opt out of writing and the dream of going to law school and veer into banking, he still gave me the go ahead with his blessings.



I am balanced today as a woman because I have the love of my father, no matter what I have been through with men, I hold on to the fact that there are men like my father out there, men who are secure in their manhood and given to family and serving God.



As we celebrate father's day this year, I am moved to say a prayer for men out there, who abandoned their children either because they can or cannot afford to care for them. Sometimes the only thing a child remembers Is the smile on your face, when they try to pedal a trainer bicycle and fall, or both of you holding hands or praying together at night.


Let us not always quantify the love of a child with money. Children are gifts from God and believe me when I tell you that the good lord takes care of his own. He never gives us what we can not carry. For that woman who is struggling with those children, I implore you to hold on to the lord who neither sleeps me nor slumbers. He will wipe those tear from your eyes. You will reap the fruits of your labor. There will be ex husbands, Ex wifes, ex boyfriends , ex girlfriends and even ex friends but there are no ex children.


I pray to God to turn the hearts of men back to their children, the bible says that a wise man leaves an inheritance for his children's children. Let us use wisdom in the things of this world and remeber that our time here is borrowed, from dust we came and to dust we shall all return. What will posterity remember you for? A good man who loved and left an inheritance for generations after him or for the shameless twerp who had various baby mamas and didn't mean a damn thing to his numerous children who never met him.

I'm just saying fellas if the shoe fits then check yourself for real, get your ish together, you might just save a child's life, you never know!



As always, my 2 cents!


C'est moi...

20 comments:

SET said...

damn ma, u are amazing. i just read the ans to my whys and u are so amazing and funny. thx darling. i am definitely going to post it.

SET said...

AWW I WISH I HAD MY FATHER HERE, HE IS IN LIBERIA. ANYWAYS ENJOY YOUR DAD THEY ARE SPECIAL ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE OF US WHO HAVE THEM IN OUR LIVES. MY DAD MADE ME TO DREAM BIG, I AM SO PROUD OF HIM.

My 2 cents said...

@ Proud of my pops too, love him to bits!

Admin UD said...

Na wao...you definitely spoke the igbo very well...i can't speak that well, anyways..lol! Damn, you're a trip. NOw, you're my new friend, ok? OK..lol!

Nwanemu wanyi(hope i got dat correct)

Noches

BlogVille Idol said...

HEY VOTERS PLEASE GO AND FIND OUR THE RESULT ON THE 1st ELIMINATION...LISTEN TO IT ON OUR VOICE PLAYER..A POST WILL BE DONE SOON ON IT...dont forget to drop us a comment..TANX PINKPEKE PRODUCTION

Refinedone said...

You said....
I am balanced today as a woman because I have the love of my father, no matter what I have been through with men, I hold on to the fact that there are men like my father out there, men who are secure in their manhood and given to family and serving God
...I think that is the best gift a Father could give a girl child!

....I'll be back, till then have an enjoyable fathers day with your dad... some of us are going to be doing ours by phone :(

Anonymous said...

that was a beauiful writeup.. i dont have this sort of relationship with my dad(something more the opposite of this)... but i do with my mom(whos like a mom and dad to me) so even on fathers day.. i will celebrate her as well

here's to your papa 2cents.. he raised a beautiful smart woman.. cheers darlin

My 2 cents said...

@Ugo daniels
Nna na wah for friendship by force, o di kwa risky!But y'aight by me.
@Bogville Idol,
I dey judge by force, anyhow una want am I ready!
@Refinedone,
My father keeps my hope alive in men.Thanx for stopping by.
@ONB,
Your mother is a phenomenal woman, just appreciate her, it makes the load lighter, Thanx for the kind words.

diary of a G said...

tell ur pops ya love him for me
and vote for G
cause I aint going no where

omohemi Benson said...

Happy fathers day!
Thanks for dropping by,

Will stopping by here more often

LG said...

I am balanced today as a woman because I have the love of my father, no matter what I have been through with men, I hold on to the fact that there are men like my father out there, men who are secure in their manhood and given to family and serving God

So wonderfully put. Those words ring true for me as well.
I only wish my father were around to celebrate fathers day.

Admin UD said...

Hey, my new friend, Africanloft.com is organizing a Fathers Day thingy on their site. Maybe you wanna give it a peep. There are prizes to be given.

la'er

TMinx said...

Oh well I guess I wasn't aware it was fathers day. Will give my dad a call later today!

Cheetarah said...

lovely! When I was younger my dad was like my best friend. But when I grew older I became his second wife,lol!

Minwhile Ive noticed that uve become a self appointed judge,nice1. we need a simon type person joh!

My 2 cents said...

@Dairy of a G,
I'm adding 48 cents to my 2 to make fitty, this beef is on, bring it pimpin! we got but space and opportunity..y'aight by me though, thanx for stopping by.

@little girl lost,
Sorry bout your pops not been around, thanx for stopping by.

@Omohemi Benson.
Thanx love, do stop by again.

@Ugo daniels,
Nwanne mmadu, will check out the loft, see if I'll win a million dollars.

@Tminx,
We're winning this blogville thing babe, beleive it!

My 2 cents said...

@Chetarah,
Check out my tight white tees and the gel in my hair, fake britiko accent and all. it's on!. I am taking this by force judging thing serious too.

I'm going to office depot to get supplies and all..

I have displaced my mum now, she's the second wife, I get to make all the decisions and then run it by her. Love my pops to death.

BlogVille Idol said...

HEY NIGERIA.(and er.. everybody else)..KILONSELE!......Thank you for ur support on the Blogville idol contest..The Contestants have sang their 2nd song (Nigerian songs)...please go to our page to listen to them and vote! ..Pls pls help us make this contest a success by voting..Thank you...PINKPEKE PRODUCTION

Uzo said...

Wow....Enjoy every moment with your dad.....

My 2 cents said...

@Bolgsville idol,
I expect a cheque in the mail for my by force judging stint on blogville idol.
@Uzo,
Thanx for the kind words, please stop by more often.

olaoluwatomi said...

enjoy ur mum too, dads are great mums take all the flak but they really do more of the work and are under a lot more pressure, nice blog you have here will be stopping by many more times, cheers