Friday, June 8, 2007

Dude hit me up for 3k!!

This is a true story..

I attended a networking function for young Nigerian professionals, kind of a monthly thingy.I had never been to one before, but a friend dragged me there, said I should get out and meet people.

I was actually starting to enjoy myself and make the rounds, meeting and greeting and exchanging business cards. I noticed dude scoping me out and all, and checked him out too. He looked alright, tall and quite cute. He accosted me on the way back from the bathroom and used the typical played out line" Has anyone ever told you you had a pretty smile, you are the most beautiful woman in this room. Turn around (he proceeds to actually spin me around) and tell me if anyone in here is as beautiful as you are..

I thanked him for the kind words and he was actually funny, we talked a bit, gave him my card and he proceeded to comment on what I was wearing. He loved the Big faced gucci watch I was wearing, said he saw that from far and he was also sure I got my shirt from London. ( He was right as it was a Hawes and Curtis) What I found odd was the money value he put on all my apparel.

I left the gathering early, since I didn't bring my car and do not like to ride the subways late at night. He had called me a few times before I made it home. We talked, he wanted me to be his girlfriend, I told him I wasn't dating at the moment but will catch a movie or grab a meal, (BIG MISTAKE)!!! nothing wrong with making new friends.

He picked me up the next weekend for a movie, found out I owned my own home and checked out my ride.
Movie was okay, we talked a bit, he seemed okay, a bit on the needy side been a last child in a huge family. I thought, this should be his mother's headache not mine. While talking one other time, I mentioned I was going to Naija for my vacation, he asked if I would buy him a ticket to go with me, I chose to ignore that.

Fast forward to two weeks later, dude is burning up my blackberry, texting, calling and being all sweet, said he wanted to see me. I had to make a quick business trip to Europe, he asked what I'll buy him, I told him I'll see when I get there.
I usually shop anytime I get the opportunity to travel on business and I'm the type to pick things up for friends and family. But before I left on my trip, he wanted to see me, said he had something important to discuss with me.

I told him when I could see him, he caught an attitude and said it had to be earlier, he had started to get comfortable as you can see, but no one would believe the shock I got when this goat actually got in my face and outright asked me for $3000!! Said he had some problems and needed that to take care of it.

To say I was pissed is an understatement, mind you this fool is older than I am, maybe I'm a little better off, but he has a JOB!! I asked what he need it for, he told me I was invading his privacy, that was it. I told him he had to get the stepping.

He was actually upset at me for not agreeing to give him the money, said if he couldn't ask the person "he's with" who can he ask, I reminded him we were not together. He begged to differ.
The next week, he sent me a text requesting for the money again said he was in " dire need"! I had to tell him to please lose my numbers and get a life!

The moral of this story is that a lot of naija guys are either turning gigolo or just plain shameless. who in their right mind will ask a young woman, you barely just met for all this money.
who does that! I was initially upset and now all I have have for that gentleman is pity. He needs help,people like that will sell their soul for the right price. Money is not everything, will never be. The quest for it and the way people go about it is just plain sad.

To dude, get a life, or better still, look for your mother's age mates, I am sure they'll be happy to fund your stupidity and idiotic lifestly.

I'm out!

C'est moi....

16 comments:

Original Mgbeke (Part 2) said...

Laughing my ass off!!! What a scrub..shame no even catch am?

My 2 cents said...

@ shopahlic,
Love the name, thanx for stopping by. Complete scrub..

My 2 cents said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Turning gini? They're are a few shameless men who are more than happy to live off women, and unfortunately they're many desperate enough women who are willing to bankroll them so they can have some dick next to them ever so often. Please believe me when I say you're probably the 3rd or 4th woman he hit up for some cash. Good for you jare, warn your friends about the shameless bastard who doesn't know that if he doesn't have $3K to his name to sort out his issue he probably needs to kill himself as he's a miserable failure in life (especially since he sounds like he's over 28)

My 2 cents said...

@kpakpando,

Nne m thanks for stopping by. stupid yoruba boy wan take me open account.It's a pity I don't roll in his circle so wouldn't know anyone to warn.

Admin UD said...

Hey, tnx for stopping by mine. That dude is sure a norrafucker. Imagine the nonsense. God forbid. What a goat!

In fact, am too vexed to type right now, will definitey be back again and again.

Have a nice weekend. Bye!

My 2 cents said...

@Ugo daniels,
Thanx for stopping by, goes to show how much our men will descend for a quick buck, anuofia!

Anonymous said...

o girl , i was laughing after this post , why? cos exactly the sam e thing(well except for how we met sha) happened to 'me'. Hmn dude was asking 4 money, and started acting cold after i said i had nothing on me. It actually happened last week and since then we havnt spoken. If dude like make in vex, i dont give a shit o , he can die if he even sef wants.

Its such a shameful thing,and some guys dont feel it is, mehn they need to get a life. I'm never going to get involved with such a nincompooo ever again in my lovely life.

Good post sha, see me o as i was jst ranting away in this comment. Pls pardon the length, i jst had to relate to the post. See u around.

My 2 cents said...

@ chicala,
Rant on my sister, I don't know what is wrong with these guys?
I don't get it. This one had an attitude initially and when I thought he was over me he came back again to ask for the money.We just need be really careful and I believe a man who is only looking to take from you does not have genuine intentions.

Mr.Fineboy said...

What the...?? I think you gave the dude too much of a leash in the first place. He was EXTRA comfortable so early. Ah ah, and he even had the nerve to ask for 3g's? I'm speechless. One word..LOSER. Great post.

My 2 cents said...

@Fineboy,
Thanx for stopping by and you owe me a paycheck for goofing on the job while laughing at your post, you're too much.
I didn't make him comfortable real quick. I actually only saw dude like two times before he hit me up for cash..You would never suspect this guy of this ish, but who's to say.

jadedjune said...

LMFAO.........LOL......lawl lawl.....so there are actually naija guys like this?????? for real???? surprising, as most naija guys will never let you know that they dont have money.....lawl.

welcome to blogville!

My 2 cents said...

@Jadedjune,
Thanx for stopping by. This fool made me really question my affiliation with naija guy. He didn't really hide the fact that he just wanted to obtain me.

SET said...

Dag, shame on him. Good that you cut him off.

bibi said...

im glad u were smart..3gs..guys these days have no shame...my sister got jipped of $4gs..i still remind her how careless she was...she thot she was helping a needy friend out...but realized he was a con artist..gives other legit naija guys bad names

My 2 cents said...

@bibi,
4 gs, that is a lot of money for ur sis to be throwing around. I can justify asking for a $100 but 3k. I hope he grows up for real and get a life!