Monday, June 25, 2007

Are women their "own" worst enemy?




I saw this question on Ijeoma's blog,I really want to tackle this one....

From time immemorial, this question has plaqued women. For various reasons we have fought for the identity we deserve. By the way, we are also expected to completely shut down our opinion of each other,more for security reasons cause most of the time it's very unsavory.

Why can't we say sumthin 'bout that muffin round sista who shouldn't be in a tank top but she is?
Or better still,Why can't you confront that heifer who's shamelessly flirting with your man in the club,specially since she knows you're there together?.

The truth is we are quick tempered and judgemental. We are also very egregious. Don't hiss yet. But there are a lot of subtle issues that come to mind with this question and I will try my best to answer most of them.

Once again,Why are we each other's worst enemies? Good question!
* You don't have to befriend every woman you come across, same reason you can't do a lot of things in life, they are either forbidden or just wrong.

* In the workplace for instance, that woman of the same ethnicity will be first to rat you out in the event you step out of line, easy! she wants what's yours.

Classic example, I took a job once because there were a lot black women there, big mistake!
I was reprimanded for things I did or didn't do.My boss,who unfortunately is an older African American woman, thought I dressed "too provocatively" to be taken serious in the type of business we did, BS!. I left that job, ( best believe, any day I run into that old witch, it's on!).
The moral here is that I thought I was secure within my own people, now I know better.

* Women try to displace each other, our competitive side wants that edge over the next female. For one, if they catch the eye of a good looking man, who for any reason reciprocates that glance, she finds out he's seeing someone else ( well most importantly if he's straight).Some chicks will shake dude down, till he rescinds his former flame and shags that female or wifes her.
I have even seen females try really hard I might add, to straighten very gay guys. So not worth it!

* Word of advice, if he's married or with another woman, please get to stepping, being a jump off at any age is just tacky.

* I've met a few women who think the whole universe revolves around them.( funny someone accused me of this, I beg to differ sha lol!). But on the real, some chicks are sheisty like that, you must conform to their level or all hell is let loose.Aside from their very low self esteem issues, you have to babysit them and if your loyalty is in question for a second at the most they flip, heifer please!!!

* Another set of females are the ones that think they are better than everyone else, classist and very set in their ways. Worse if they are born into money or married "old" money. The blue bloods I understand their "ako". But chicks who marry old money need not front, cause on the real, when they fall, it's usually flat on their face,without a forwarding address.

* On the political scene and in business, we play just as dirty as any man. The only difference here is we shag for very real reasons. Ladies don't play yourselves,! please get paid or secure that corner office before you give it up, these men are wiser now. They get theirs, you better get yours!.

* And yes, we fight over men! We really do, you might not be walking around with a razor, looking over your shoulders or stalking your boyfriend or ex- boyfriend's new flame. it might be more subtle. Ladies, most of us are guilty of this "ish". You know you've read his text messages, seen the pictures on his myspace account, checked his email, called his mama, called the new girl with a blocked number and drop the phone as soon as she picks up, or called his boys to beef.

Per adventure, you meet the "new" girl in the club, mall or a house party. You have the usual look over. Check her out, see what she's working with. if it ain't much, sigh! yawn, hiss and high five your girls.

But if the new chick comes in the club tight! OH HELL NO! You get all sweaty and break out in hives, remember all the terrible things dude did to you. Start to cuss and even cry. Woe betides this chick, if tight as she is, steps to you and spews ish!
Conversation could go something like this:


New chick: Hi, I know you!

You: I'm sure you do!

New chick: Just so you know, Eric has only good things to say about you..

You: Oh really! ( But you're really thinking, this b**tch has exactly 3 seconds to get outta my face, or I'm b**ch slapping her into christmas)

New chick: Nice dress by the way, are you having fun??

"No she didn't" ! Yes she did!!!

You: At this junction,it depends on how much of a hoodrat you are, typically, she should be getting her weave pulled out and her face scratched. But, if there's any element of class in you,this is when you bid her good night, count your losses and go home to a tub of Ice cream and your remote controlled T.V or whatever gadget consoles you.

It is what it is girls! We are what we are, but we can let go of a lot of vices when it has to do with our fellow women.No one is perfect and we are all a work in progress. That chick you're beefing with for any reason could turn around to become an important fixture in your life. Or atleast let's beef reasonably,no face scratching please...Plastic surgery does not fix everything, let's keep it sexyyyy aight!!



As always,

My 2 cents...

11 comments:

Admin UD said...

It'll be safe to think that women don’t have much respect for the people who make up their own gender.

I can remember reading from a womens magazine where they were asked “If you could only have one child, would you have a boy or a girl? And why?” 37 women said they’d rather have a boy. 23 of those women offered this as the reason why: “Girls are bitches.”

Clearly, women hate themselves.

Another point is that women hate women who lower their status (ie - more attractive). Coz status is all relative. Once they feel threatened by your physical presence and beauty, including elegance, they'll automatically hate you especially if you appear not to be nice at first impression.

Ok take for example; You might be a 10 in your circle, but as soon as a hotter girl walks in the room - she instantly takes the 10 spot and you get bumped to a 9. ("Who does she think she is?" - before she even says a word?) That will affect your whole life now - socially, romantically and professionally.

On the flip side, some women can be so vain and wanton that it becomes almost impossible not to hate them. They always like to 'oppress' Of course you know what i mean be oppression...lol!

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

LOL.. You sef... Nice post girl..but I don't think we're our own worst enemies, believe me, I've seen guys who hate us more if you know what I mean....In response to what Ugo said, I would rather have a girl child than a boy any day! that's just my 2 cents...lol..

TMinx said...

Lol at Ugos 'scientific' findings..women hate themselves ko. I love my girls oh. And I will so not be upset if I don't have a male child.

SET said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SET said...

SAY IT GIRL. IT IS SERIOUS, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO BE CONFIDENT WITH ONESELF. I DON'T MAKE TOO MANY FRIENDS BUT I DO NOT JUDGE OTHERS IT IRKS THE F OUT OF ME WHEN PEOPLE GOSSIP ABOUT OTHERS WHO ARE TRYING TO MAKE A LIVING FORM THEMSELVES. I DREAD MOVING TO AFRICA FOR THIS AND I REALLY DO HAVE A LOT I COULD DO THERE. BUT I NEED TO BE COMFY WITH THE PEOPLE I AM DEALING WITH AND THAT MAY BE THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE CUS I RESPECT PEOPLE AND LET THEM BE WHO THE CHOOSE TO BE. I KNOW THIS CHICKS BACK IN NIGERIA, SHE IS THE MOST ENVIOUS THING EVER, I TRIED TO GET HER BUT HER PRECONCEPTION OF ME AND MANY OTHER FOLKS WERE ALL SCREWED UP PRIOR TO HER EVEN MEETING ME OR THESE OTHER PEOPLE. I CAN'T STAND TO BE AROUND SUCH PEOPLE, SO I PLAN NOT TO HANG WITH MY GIRLFRIEND SHE'S FRIENDS WITH WHEN IN NIGERIA ON VAC. SHE NEEDS SELF ESTEEM BOOSTING SERIOUSLY. I LOVE OTHER FEMALES AND SUPPORT IS KEY CUS WE SHOULD FEED OFF EACH OTHER, LOVE EACH OTHER AND START A REVOLUTION IN MANY WAYS. MY ENGLISH MAY BE ALL OVER THE PLACE IN THIS ONE CUS I AM SPEAKING FROM THE HEART. LOL

IJEOMA said...

hmmm very intersting post.. you make some good points.. But you know. 99.9 percent of the fights that break out in clubs are caused by men fighting over girls.. Its crazy.. I would have to say its a human thing.. And an individual thing... It really depends on your level of maturity.

Confused Naija Girl said...

i love your blog layout. anyway this is an age old issue. I have encountered women in my life who just hate me for no reason. i was so happy about ijeomas post proves they are still some sensible women out there

Toni Payne said...

hey u.. popped in to say wsup.. women, you know we have wahala naaw. lol. a lot of factors motivate us to do certain things and envy is certainly one of them, we are naturally jealous creatures so that leads to a lot of thing that may seem like we are hating on each other. Me personaly, Im not sure im like that, I rarely have time to notice other women that are not cool with me and if they are cool with me, then no beef.

My 2 cents said...

@Ugo,
LOL! Nna you know way too much about women for my comfort.

@Nyemoni,
in most cases we are not each other's enemies but we get for body!

@Tminx,
LOL! AT Ugo..

@Set,
Sweets same here oh, can't stand sheisty females, won't let them disrespect me either, so I stay clear.

@Ijeoma,
Level of maturity counts too,thanx.

@CNG,
When chicks hate you for no reason, do like I do, be more fabuluos, give them reasons to quech.Thanx for stopping by.

@Toni Payne,
Thanks mama, you got a point, who has time for beef? Not me!

Daddy's Girl said...

Very well-written and I agree with most of it... I love your writing, please keep it up.

My 2 cents said...

@Daddy's girl,

Thanx love, I intend to..