Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Casting for female models and Valentino steps down.

My fashion Idol after Karl lagerfield of Chanel of course, Valentino Gravani 75, has stepped down from Valentino fashion group after 45 years.

He will leave Valentino in January of 2008 after designing one line of Couture collection and one more ready to wear line.

London based Permira advisers LLP, Europe's largest private-equity firm is scheduled to conclude it's 2.6 billion euro ($3.5 billion) offer for Valentino fashion group, which also includes Hugo Boss AG, this week( A two for one deal, I say). The designers departure may mean the company will place greater emphasis on the more profitable products such as accesories than on couture under Permira's ownership.

" I would like to leave the party when it's still full", Valentino said in an email statement, referring to the 3 days of festivities held to celebrate his 45th anniversary with guests including Jackie collins, Sienna miller, Mick Jagger and Princess Caroline of Monaco.

Former Gucci designer Alessandra Facchinettti is expected to be asked to create styles for the label after she was seen entering and leaving the company's offices in Milan and Rome.

The Rome based fashion house, Valentino SPA, had 2006 sales of 240 million euros and operates 58 stores directly. it is roughly one-sixth the size of Armani and about nine times smaller than Gucci in terms of sales.

Now to other news, I fired all my female models over the weekend. Actually, the ringleader L caused their demise. I am one of the easiest people to work with, but I am most importantly a business woman and time for me is money.

If I make plans to put your behind on my label and organise clothes for a show or events,please make yourself available. I do not care what beef you have with your boyfriend and why both of you should be in the same show, so no other females hits on him..heifer please!! Your little boyfriend is not that fine...

So I had to let all four of them go, one because the rest of them take instructions from this ringleader and two, I was just tired of the foolishness.

I want to patronise my people and do a lot of ethnic marketing but you have got to be kidding me about our tardy attitudes and lack of discipline in business. if we have a meeting at 5 p.m. Please drag your tired behind there by 4.56 atleast.
That is why white people are progressive, atlease most of them, they are on time!!!..

I will be placing an ad in the papers for a casting call for models, who will be on our label and work for various designers we intend to do work with.
If anyone knows of any models or anyone with potentials, I'm in a forum with designers from project runway and various styists and models on friday so opporunity calls everytime. This business is not easy, but we have to keep keeping on and pushing for the best. Later y'all..

2 cents out.

6 comments:

BOBBY said...

That is why i say...

If you are early, you are on time

If you are on time, then you are late

And if you are late, then your ass never came.

I am sure you will find models in no time.

Tata!

laspapi said...

Good business sense. If I see any good people, I'll inform them of your Lagos end.

I like bobby's lines too.

Uzo said...

The end of an era with Valentino stepping down. I love the fact that his clothes are so feminine and rich,....

Your female models? Let them get-to-stepping....Nonsense

My 2 cents said...

@Bobby,

Thanks ma, took the words right outta ma mouth.

@Laspapi,

I really appreciate that, we are doing a photoshoot in Lagos in december and will star casting out that way too, so any referal is welome.

@Uzo,

Real nonsense, women and their wahala. I really can't deal honestly!

36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...

i was never ever late for a shoot hen i was still modelling, i always got stick from the other girls though for getting there early! ah well guess if i was in the states would have volunteered to model for you.

My 2 cents said...

@36,

Holla at a sista and we an work out something for when I'm in Lagos. I am definitely doing a photoshoot in Lagos for our line of tees...