Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I'm a big kid now!!! Ageless as ever though!!


" Go shawty, it's your birthday, we gonna
party like it's ur birthday, we gonna sip barcadi like it's your birthday"...

Go figure the rest, love me some fiddy though..

Yes y'all I've skipped if you know what I'm talking about. it's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to, one cause I'm all emotional and two cos I have something in my eye lol!

Aint nothing going on but the rent or mortgage in this case,Aside from all the pressure at work, starting and running my own company which I love to bits, cos I 'm doing what I love to do best SHOP!!!

Okay enough about me and back to me again, I have a guy flying into town just to take me out to dinner for my birthday, made reservations in a posh restaurant straight out the zagat survey, your girl don't play! Problem is I'm not feeling dude.Met him at a wedding two years ago, he's been checking for me ever since. Me thinks he's working harder at his game, I just don't want to end the day feeling like I shoulda had a V8.

Got another date, same day different time. A desert only bourgoise lounge. Friend of mine trying to promote himself to boyfie status for the past 5 yrs and won't give up, problem is I'm not that into him too. Another dude, lives in Naija begging to come down for my birthday, friends think he's about to propose, I think he's up to something sneaky, when a guy is too nice and almost a pushover, it's a complete turn off for me. Ofcourse my mother thinks I need deliverance if I don't come home in december to marry dude.

Ever heard the phrase, "wanti wanti no getti getti, getti getti no wanti wanti lol! Heard it from my aunt, funny and ish but very true. Kind of my situation here, doesn't it surprise you that at that very time you are trying to make up your mind about love all sorts and I mean all sorts come your way. I have the head security at my job checking for me!! Can you believe that mess, none of the brokers or MDs asked a sista out, it has to be this goat, talk about:

"Can I holla at you sometime, maybe take you to the theatre or museum, you know whatever you educated ladies do, I look better out of uniform too"

Yeah right Muthaf**ka, I'll hold my breath.

For the purpose of my birthday we'll skip the gory details and concentrate on the lovely. I'm not checking for all these guys not cause there' s something wrong with them, far from it. Believe me when I saw the financial holdings of one of these men, even I wanted to slap myself over the head. But I'll rather smoke garri while I stare into my lover's eyes than feast on filet mignon and be unhappy.
I am dreading the call from my mum, she calls on every birhtday to wish me a happy birthday and go on about how my biological clock is 'stuck' meaning it can't tick anymore cause the batteries died. That my mama sef!, let her leave me abeg, she's been married and madly in love with my dad for 35 years, I wanna be married that long too.

Moving onto good things, I'll debut my company website really soon, I can tell you it is FABULOUS already...I thank God for so much cause I don't know how I do it, I just do it!!

For everyone who took time to shout me out, call and send their love I thank you all, I expect the gifts cos I am registered at jimmy shoes, valentino and Nordstrum. I'm riding till I turn 106 like Brooke Astor in cultured pearls and 5 Inch MANOLO BLAHNIK!!!


2 CENTS OUT!!!




17 comments:

Thirty + said...

Wishing you a Happy Birthday and many happy return

Admin UD said...

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah! I already gave you a shoutout on fcbk. Go shawty, it's really your BIG DAY! Erhmmm, feeling the guys though. Who doesn't want better thing..ask me?

Just go have a blast, get drunk, spread your wings a lil. After all, it's ya day, ayt? One!!

IJEOMA said...

happy birthday girl.. have fun.. enjoy ...

Uzo said...

Well....Happy Bday....

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Happy birthday girl............. I'm sorry this is belated, but I do wish you all the hapiness your heart can hold..Mwah!xoxoxoxox

Remi Fagbohun said...

I know, I know...
I am soooooooo late!!
No vex!
Hope you had a slamming day though.
Howz the little one??

SET said...

Happy Bday lady,God bless you. Your journey to a wonderful and fab life is in full swing God is in your life, embrace him all.
I am glad you have options to go out. Not guaranteed fun tho, lol. see my site for something I posted for you.

36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...

Happy birthday babes!!!!

O.šeyï said...

Yeah baby! Thats what i'm talking about! Happy BL8'D Birthday!!! : )

Girlie i completely understand about the guys and aunt's song. SO on point. I say, you want is always slightly below consciousness, when it comes, it'll pop-smack you in the face and there'll be no running.

Stay fly though... thats what it's ALWAYS about. tap tap tap TAP! Who is Brooke Astor...puhlease. May her soul rest in peace, BUT the goal is to have the rich and stupidly wealthy checking YOU out! ;)

Let me know when site is posted! G-luck.

My 2 cents said...

@All,

Thx y'all for the shoutout, it's all love peeps and I appreciate it. I'm happy I'm alive, healthy, happy and wiser. I thought I'd have made my first million by now but hei, I'm working real hard at getting out that multi million dollar industry to give y'all the best accesories to rock everyday and anyhow. I'll get it out to y'all, one!!lol @ Ugo, you my friend are a man amongst men, you must marry my younger sister, by must!!!

@ O.SEYI,

Thx babe, we'll debut the site real soon watch out now! Brooke Astor died over the weekend, she was a philantrophist, married one of the Astors, dude left her hundred of millions of dollars to give out and she gave it all out before she died. Always impeccably dressed even at a 105. I wanna ride like that chick, giving and giving till I die at 106. Because as they say, life gives to the giver and takes from the taker.

Anonymous said...

lol i just looooove you.. you're so adorable... rock ur jimmy choos mami.. the world is your oyster. I love this post... that security man brave sha stepping to you with that one... lmao@smoking garri with your lover... knowing you.. you'll have the great guy and the filet mignon.. shit.. you deserve nothing but the best! luv u lots angel... hope you had a great time.. happy belated angel.

LADYBRILLE.com said...

What personality you got! Happy B-day.Goodluck with your company. I'll be blogging a lot about starting and running your own business, might be helpful.
Hope ur birthday was great!

Ms. Catwalq said...

Happy birthday girrrrrlllll!!!

men, i know how u feel when the one guy that talks to you all day is a security guard, the cleaner...(not that I am shallow but I get am for college degree now. True, I never finish but at least I sabi book well well). Nna men

Daddy's Girl said...

Belated Birthday wishes headed your way... hope you had a fab day.

Jaja said...

Yea, I m late but you deserve a good one still.

Hope you had a great one...

Plus we need to drink to the new businees launch oo

omohemi Benson said...

Happy belated birthday, sweets.
enjoyed reading every bit of this post, and totaly understand and relate to parts of it.

True love will find you soon.

My 2 cents said...

THANKS Y'ALL, REALLY THANKS MEANS A LOT TO ME!!!